Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Everything will be alright in the end, if it's not alright, it is not yet the end!

a fantastic line from the movie...The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.  (another Shawshank for me!)
God has a great sense of humor...I remember the saying...You want to hear God laugh, make plans!
So True....
Our contract with our current realtor has expired....lots of showings, no sale.  She phoned Sunday, stating the expiration and wanted to know if we wanted to extend, I told her no, that we were going to take a few weeks...do a quick camping trip, touch up jobs on the house and then start again maybe the first week of November.  She then stated that we shouldn't wait too long as the inventory of houses is at it's lowest in a long time...to which I discerned that was a distraction statement, hoping that I would extend my contract.  I had already discerned that with all the blessings that the Lord had sent our way, for some reason the commission for the sale of our house was not to be a blessing for her.  As I said, the contract expired on Friday...and first thing Monday morning...9am...we receive a call from the assistant of another realtor.  This realtor had phoned a couple times in the past few months, inquiring about the property but never brought anyone out to see it.  Anyway, she was aware of the expired contract and was wanting to talk to us about getting a contract with her.  I told her the same thing as Realtor#1...and she still insisted that she wanted to come for a visit and talk about the sale.  She lives in a similar situation as us...and knows exactly how to market this place.
Now to my title....a friend stated in an email this morning....it's a shame that Realtor#1 didn't make a sale for you....you would already be in Myrtle Beach, SC...
and I replied....yes, probably so, but we wouldn't have a motor home, a utility trailer or a Tahoe truck. All these blessing have come in the last 2 months....so we know it's not yet the end!
In the meantime, I've been:
setting up an etsy shop
prepping items for pics/descriptions/listings
learning/practicing facepainting
working on cleaning up our office area....now have a scanner...can get rid of loads of saved files!
more on all that to come!
cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment